4 Ways to Help Buyers Find Your Distressed Property
Selling distressed is different than selling through traditional realty channels. Distressed properties often have a few telltale signs. These can help potential homebuyers identify whether a property is distressed or not.
Common traits of distressed homes include:
- Notices posted on the windows and doors.
- The home’s outside appearance is run-down.
- Its appearance differs from neighboring homes.
- The yard is overgrown and unkempt.
- There are few signs of a resident, such as piled up mail and dark windows at night.
Your home may be easier for potential homebuyers to identify if it exhibits any of these signs, but it’s better to reach potential buyers instead of waiting for them to find you.
Here are some ways you can use to market your property:
- Add your home on a Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Send ad postcards to realtors
- Ask your friends and family to give referrals
- Get help from a professional, such as a realtor
Selling a distressed property can take a long time. If you’re unable to wait to find a buyer, consider selling your property to a distressed home buyer like Simple Sale. We’re Florida’s trusted distressed home buyer, and will work hard to purchase your distressed home should we both determine we’re a good fit for one another.
This article is meant for informational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as financial, tax, legal, real estate, insurance, or investment advice. Simple Sale encourages you to reach out to an advisor regarding your own situation. Please consult with your advisor when making legal decisions.